MESURE UP: It would take 453 of me, stack foot to head, to reach the top of the Burj Khalifa standing at 2,716.5 feet and shown lit up at night. (dont look too closely, Ive been skipping leg day)
Travel log: Dubai
April 12, 2024

Andrews Makes Finals in 2023 Wrestling Debut

FACEOFF: Freshman Cara Andrews advancES on her opponent Meadow King in the 145 lb. state wrestli ng finals match. Andrews lost the match but she battled her more experienced opponent hard. “I didn’t think I could hang with her but I ended up doing better than I though I could.”

Last year female wrestlers finally got their own team, their own season, and their own coaches. One wrestler, in particular, made the most her newfound opportunity.

Freshman Cara Andrews wrestled hard throughout the season and continued to perform extremely well at state, winning her semi-finals match which catapulted her to the finals. “I was really excited and I was really scared.”

Making the finals her first year in the sport was an insane accomplishment for Andrews who is a very supportive member of the wrestling team and always there to cheer her team mates on.

At state, Andrew’s junior opponent, who had been wrestling for several years, had her hands full.  Andrews gave her the match of a lifetime, coming close to winning. Andrews never gave up, showing her irreplaceable grit. Her match was one of the most hype out of all the finalist matches.

Boys wrestling coach Eddie Clark said, “I think women’s wrestling is great because the same qualities wrestling develops in boys is equally important in young women, things like responsibility, hard work, all those things. Although Clark has coached boys his entire career, he sees  girls wrestling as equally important as boys.

The Lady Braves will go into their 2nd ever season next month and try to repeat as state champions. Andrews and all but one of her teammates will return to represent as well as they did a year ago.

FINALLY: The first ever SVHS Lady Braves wrestling teams enjoy their state win in Casper. The win came last year during the first year for girls wrestling in Wyoming. “We finally got our chance to show we could wrestle as well as the boys,” said Coach Foreman.