MESURE UP: It would take 453 of me, stack foot to head, to reach the top of the Burj Khalifa standing at 2,716.5 feet and shown lit up at night. (dont look too closely, Ive been skipping leg day)
Travel log: Dubai
April 12, 2024

StageCraft Affords Hard-Working Students Freedom

JEFE%3A+Mr.+Balls+rules+over+his+domain.+He+teaches+the+popular+stagecraft+class.+It+is+as+much+fun+as+it+is+work+for+those+who+take+it%2C+said+Balls.++
JEFE: Mr. Balls rules over his domain. He teaches the popular stagecraft class. “It is as much fun as it is work for those who take it,” said Balls.
SHOPPING: Ryker McIntire and Blake Lainhart work behind the scenes in stagecraft. “It’s super chill,” said McIntire.

Many students are learning to appreciate the craft of the stage under tutelage of Mr. Tyson Balls. Working with their hands and contributing to great projects like the upcoming school musical Guys and Dolls keeps these young craftspeople busy and happy.

Mr.Balls also the teaches 3D printing, Intro to AutoCAD, and advises student counsel and coaches. Mr.Balls, widely known as one the the chillest teachers at the school, is super-easy to get along with no matter the personalities of his students. 

These students practice their craft mostly in the auditorium,  but when the auditorium is being used, they meet  in his room down by the southwest doors.  

Students in the class enjoy a lot of freedom for a reason. Their teacher lets them be as creative as they want to be, allowing them to build their own props while destroying old props. When not working, students hangout and enjoy the freedom that comes with the ability to direct their own time.

Good grades in the class come when students actually work and find things to do. If you are looking for a class that lets you work with your hands, direct your own efforts, and contribute to bigger projects, get on the stage and start crafting!