Spin the Wheel Golf
Spin the Wheel Golf
May 16, 2024

The Adventures of Zephyr Dupont

“The Adventures of Zephyr Dupont” is a humorous story about a witch’s familiar’s life story. From the day he was brought home from the pet shop to the day his owner finally gets married, he is funny, sassy, and every shade of a brat. In the following excerpt, Esme, his kind-hearted owner, has just been proposed to by her boyfriend and, well, you’ll see what happens.

She finally settled down and fell on the bed right next to me. “Someone’s happy today,” I said, returning to my book and feeling slightly nauseous from our duet. 

“I am happy, Zephy,” she said, rolling onto her stomach in order to face me “This is the happiest day of my life.” 

“To what do I owe the pleasure of being in the presence of your happiness.” I said sarcastically, reading the part in the Hobbit when all the dwarves started to arrive at Bag End. “Guess” she said in her playful manner, like she always did when she wanted me to guess what she was thinking. I looked up at her. “Are they releasing a sequel to the Hobbit?” I asked, knowing how much Esme loved fantasy books and how she longed to know what happened to Bilbo Baggins. “No,” she said with a playful smile on her face.

“Are they making a movie that isn’t demeaning to witches?” I asked, knowing how much the Wicked Witch of the West had upset her when we went to see the Wizard of Oz in theaters last year. “I wish, but no,” she said with that same playful look on her face. 

“Are they making a movie that isn’t demeaning to witches?”

“Is Robert dead?” I asked with joy. 

“What?” 

“Because if so, I call dancing on his grave and singing Danny Boy at the top of my lungs.” 

“That’s a little extreme..” 

“Oh Danny Boy, the pipes the pipes are calling…” 

“ZEPHYR!!!!” She interrupted me in the middle of my favorite song (I sounded wonderful by the way). “Robert is not dead,” she said to me calmly, the playful look slowly returning to her face after nearly scaring the poop out of me.

“Then what is it then?” I asked, closing the book to prevent it from any damage.

“Robert asked me to marry him!” she said, in her excitingly squeaky voice. I simply started shaking my head and said, “Oh, poor thing,” I jumped off the bed and onto the hardwood floor. “He’ll recover eventually. After a couple of centuries.” She looked at me confused and said in her sweet, sing song voice, “I said yes.” “WHHAAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!””