MESURE UP: It would take 453 of me, stack foot to head, to reach the top of the Burj Khalifa standing at 2,716.5 feet and shown lit up at night. (dont look too closely, Ive been skipping leg day)
Travel log: Dubai
April 12, 2024

Cinematic Excitement: The Most Anticipated Movies of 2024

In the  world of cinema, anticipation is really important, igniting the fervor of audiences worldwide. As we set our attention on the cinematic upcomings of 2024, an exciting lineup of movies promises to captivate our imaginations and transport us to new realms. From long-awaited sequels to new original creations, the year 2024 is expected to be a cinematic spectacle. In this article, we will see the five most anticipated movies of 2024, each being expected to be an unforgettable cinematic experience.

Mean girls: Revenge party

The movie introduces us to Cady Heron, who gets welcomed into the top of the social food chain by an elite group of popular girls called the Plastics, ruled by the conniving queen bee Regina George. However, when Cady makes the major misstep of falling for Regina’s ex-boyfriend, she soon finds herself caught in their crosshairs.

Samanth Jayne and Arturo Perez’s “Mean girls: revenge party”, starring Angourie Rice and Reneé Rapp as Cady Heron and Regina George, marks the return to the mean girls teenage world, captivating audiences with its girly visuals and its funny and intense storytelling. Critics’ reviews are positive, with an average rating of 6.3/10. The website’s consensus reads: “Preserving the essence of the original while adding a few new wrinkles—not to mention musical numbers—Mean Girls is a sweet (if slight) update with an outstanding cast.”. 

Joker: Folie à deux

Gotham City returns to the big screens once again as “Joker: Folie à deux” takes center stage. Directed by Todd Philips this movie will star artists like Joaquin Phoenix, Lady Gaga or Robert de Niro; The details about the plot of the movie have not yet been specified to the public, but it has been confirmed that the movie will be a musical and that it is scheduled to be released theatrically in the United States on October 4, 2024, by Warner Bros Pictures.

Deadpool 3

Directed by Shawn Levy “Deadpool 3” takes Marvel fans on a mind-blowing journey through the multiverse. Starring Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, we see these two marvel multiverses blend as Wolverine is recovering from his injuries when he crosses paths with Deadpool and they have to team up to defeat a common enemy still unknown. The movie carries big expectations from part of the marvel fans and is said to be decisive in a lot of future MCU projects. It is expected to be released in movie theaters on November 8th, 2024.

Inside out 2

This movie is the sequel to 2015’s animated coming-of-age film “Inside Out.” Inside Out 2 was announced in September 2022 during the D23 expo announcement; directed by Kelsey Mann this movie dives into the effects of puberty, exploring the changes in Riley’s life when Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear and Disgust have been running a successful operation by all accounts. However, when Anxiety shows up, they aren’t sure how to feel. This movie is expected to deal with the hard issues of becoming a teenager, but it will still be made for kids above the age of 6.

Back to Black

Sam Taylor-Johnson, who curiously enough was friends and actually knew Amy Winehous directs this movie which is said to be a “never-before-seen glimpse” to the hard life of Winehouse and how her troubling relationship with Blake Fielder-Civil inspired her to write and record the groundbreaking album “Back to Black.” Starring Marisa Abela as the late music icon, it’s scheduled to be released may 10th 2024

The year 2024 starts as a great cinematic experience, giving us a diversion of what are expected to be movies. From the corridors of North Shore High School to the dangerous streets of Gotham, each movie carries a big weight of expectations and excitement. As audiences wait impatiently for these movies, the prospect of being transported to fantastical worlds and thought-provoking narratives fuels the collective anticipation, reminding us of the magic of cinema.