MESURE UP: It would take 453 of me, stack foot to head, to reach the top of the Burj Khalifa standing at 2,716.5 feet and shown lit up at night. (dont look too closely, Ive been skipping leg day)
Travel log: Dubai
April 12, 2024

Disney’s Percy Jackson Keeps It Accurate

The new Percy Jackson and the Olympians series on Disney Plus has been generating a lot of buzz among fans of the beloved book series, and it’s clear that the creators have made a concerted effort to stay true to the source material.

The series does an admirable job of capturing the essence of the characters and storylines from the books, bringing them to life on the screen with impressive faithfulness. Fans of the original novels will appreciate the attention to detail and the way the series stays loyal to the core elements that made the books so beloved.

However, there are a few differences between the original movies starring Logan Lerman and this new series starring Walker Scobell in the title role. One notable difference between the new series and the original movies is the way the story is presented. The series takes a more episodic approach, allowing for a deeper exploration of the plot and character development, while the movies progressed more quickly and broadly.

The series format gives audience’s of the new show a chance to connect with the characters on a more personal level and provides a more comprehensive understanding of their motivations and relationships. It’s a departure from the condensed storytelling of the movies, but it adds a layer of depth to the narrative that fans will appreciate.

This new series showcases a talented cast who bring the characters to life with authenticity and charisma. The actors embody the essence of their respective roles and deliver performances that resonate with both fans of the books and newcomers to the series. Leah Jeffries, who plays Annabeth in the series, took on the daunting task of becoming this character despite what others thought. Her performance has been nothing but perfection and will put a smile on any fan’s face.

The director’s vision shines through in the vibrant and visually stunning color palette which enhances the magical elements and brings the world of Percy Jackson to life in a captivating way. The colors and contrast of the Gods, the color gold surrounding Hephaestus, the black exhaust following Ares’ bike, and many more hues show the meanings behind the characters. The attention to detail in the production design and cinematography adds an extra layer of immersion to the viewing experience.

The new Percy Jackson and the Olympians series on Disney Plus successfully captures the book accuracy that fans have been eagerly anticipating. With its episodic storytelling, strong character development, talented cast, and visually captivating colors, it offers a fresh and faithful adaptation of the beloved novels. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or new to the world of Percy Jackson, this series is a must-watch for anyone seeking an enchanting and faithful portrayal of the beloved book series.