MESURE UP: It would take 453 of me, stack foot to head, to reach the top of the Burj Khalifa standing at 2,716.5 feet and shown lit up at night. (dont look too closely, Ive been skipping leg day)
Travel log: Dubai
April 12, 2024

Braves Soccer Back Despite Cold, Snow

FOOTLOOSE: Freshman Carter Bagley passes the ball through heavy traffic. Carter is one of only a few freshman on the boys soccer team. “It’s going pretty well. Practice is well-rounded and the conditioning is hard but worth it,” said Bagley.

Snow is still on the ground, but that has never stopped the Braves’ soccer team. Tryouts began on March 4 and final cuts came two days later. They began practice right away despite the bitter cold outside. “I just hope it’s not like last year. Lots of our games at the beginning of the season were canceled because of the weather,” said senior Cayden Roberts.

The Braves boys and girls soccer teams both played their first games on March 16 in Rock Springs where they both went 1-1.

There are high expectations for this season. “I think we’re going to do very well this season; our hardest games are definitely going to be Jackson and Kelly Walsh,” said junior Dallas Tolman.

Trevor Spencer and Kyle Roniger coach the boys team while Jessica Bagley and Craig McNaughton.

Only time will tell, but fans hope to see the teams put together successful seasons, and players hope fans will show up to cheer them on, even in the snow.

SCORE: Sophomore Tate Lawson gets some goal kicks in to help junior goalie AJ Hale practice his saves. Both boys will play goalie this season.