MESURE UP: It would take 453 of me, stack foot to head, to reach the top of the Burj Khalifa standing at 2,716.5 feet and shown lit up at night. (dont look too closely, Ive been skipping leg day)
Travel log: Dubai
April 12, 2024

Meet Custodian Todd Welker

MR.+CLEAN%3A+Custodian+Todd+Welker+stands+in+one+of+his+halls.+Welker+not+only+keeps+his+areas+of+the+school+spic+and+span%2C+but+also+tells+dad+jokes+to+people+each+day.+What+do+you+call+2+birds+stuck+together%3F+Velcrows.+
MR. CLEAN: Custodian Todd Welker stands in one of his halls. Welker not only keeps his areas of the school spic and span, but also tells dad jokes to people each day. “What do you call 2 birds stuck together? Velcrows.”

Everyone does their part to keep Star Valley High School up and running. Some you may know, some you may not, some you may recognize.

Meet Todd Welker, one our building’s custodians. He cleans down  towards the activity and English halls, including the restrooms. Many might think that picking up after hundreds of teenagers is a frustrating job, but Welker is content with his work, wishing only—like many parents out there—that the boys would “take a little better care of their bathroom.”

Todd gets the chance to interact everyday with the students and teachers he works with, and some of the staff have gotten to know him pretty well.

“Todd is super nice, and he has a band. He also does an absolutely fabulous job cleaning my room,” said Mrs. Julie Lewis. She also shared some inside information on Welker saying that he went to college to be a ausic teacher and tells her a dad joke everyday. 

Mr. Fullmer said, “We both have a long suffering relationship with the Minnesota Vikings, so even though the Vikings are not always good, we always have  something to talk about. 

Mrs. Heiner and Mrs. Madsen had a lot to say about Welker such as he loves rock music, is super friendly, he is absolutely stunning at his job, rides a Harley Davidson bike, loves spending time with family, and last but not least has deep concern about his job and takes pride in making sure that their rooms are clean for the students and the teachers.

Mr.Guild appreciates how clean Todd keeps his room and said that their sons graduated together. 

Mr. Balls reported that Todd used to have long hair, owns 15 guitars after selling six of his 21, loves his family, and plays with his band in some of the bars around the valley. 

So that’s Todd. Now when you see him in the halls, you can say hi and thank him for all the hard work he puts into making the school look good for the teachers and the students. Don’t forget his coworkers as well. They all deserve appreciation for everything they do to make sure that the school is a great place to be.