MESURE UP: It would take 453 of me, stack foot to head, to reach the top of the Burj Khalifa standing at 2,716.5 feet and shown lit up at night. (dont look too closely, Ive been skipping leg day)
Travel log: Dubai
April 12, 2024

Online ASL Students Combine Learning with Hands on Fun

HANDY: Jaden Edwards is all wrapped up in learning ASL. He said the online class is fun because he enjoys learning the language.”You can’t dislike what you never do,” said Edwards.

Have you ever wanted to learn a new language in a fun way? ASL might be for you. No? Don’t judge it until you try it.

This interesting class can be a lot of fun, unless you are a procrastinator.

ASL helps students understand the deaf and their community as well as grow creativity and knowledge. Achieving academic goals while learning a new language, signing thing others don’t understand (nothing bad) , and enjoying free time earned from actually doing the work sounds exiting, right?

SIGN UP: Bronson Cottam studies his sign language curriculum on lone. He enjoys the free time he gets during the hour after completing his work.

“The assignments can be long,” said sophomore Jaden Edwards who explained he had to watch an hour long videos, write short written summaries , and maybe even take a quiz every now and then. Another sophomore, Bronson Cottam, said that the assignments are just about the same as every other assignment, about  20-40 minutes each—not long and boring, something we all hate right? Responsible students still get plenty of time to hangout and be on their phones.

Sophomore Jaden Edwards even found he could get ahead by a week or two by working diligently.

Is this class for you ? If still unsure, you might as well join it and figure out for yourself if it’s the right fit. Who knows? You might just find a new passion.