MESURE UP: It would take 453 of me, stack foot to head, to reach the top of the Burj Khalifa standing at 2,716.5 feet and shown lit up at night. (dont look too closely, Ive been skipping leg day)
Travel log: Dubai
April 12, 2024

Totally Wonka!

Familiar Film Dazzles with Fresh Faces
Totally+Wonka%21

The 2023 film Wonka directed by Paul King takes us on a deliciously whimsical journey into the origins of the legendary chocolatier. The film captures the essence of Roald Dahl’s magical world, with stunning visuals and a captivating storyline

Timothée Chalamet’s portrayal of a young Willy Wonka is simply delightful. He brings a fresh and charismatic energy to the character, showcasing Wonka’s passion for chocolate and his creative genius. The supporting cast deliver standout performances, adding depth and charm to the story.

The film’s production design is a feast for the eyes, transporting us to a vibrant and colorful candy-filled universe. The attention to detail is impeccable, from the intricate chocolate creations to the new factory itself. The visual effects are seamlessly integrated, adding an extra layer of magic to the film. The bright orange and green of Hugh Grant’s Oompa Loompa provides a great contrast from the dark musty city to the world that Willy is creating. 

The music score perfectly complements the on-screen magic, with playful and enchanting melodies that enhance the overall experience.

While Wonka stays true to the spirit of the original story, it also introduces new elements and surprises, keeping the audience engaged and entertained. The film strikes a balance between nostalgia and innovation, making it enjoyable for both longtime fans and newcomers to the Wonka universe.

Overall, Wonka is a delectable treat for the senses. It captures the wonder and imagination of Roald Dahl’s beloved characters, bringing them to life in a visually stunning and delightful way. Whether you’re a chocolate lover or a fan of whimsical adventures, this film is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.