MESURE UP: It would take 453 of me, stack foot to head, to reach the top of the Burj Khalifa standing at 2,716.5 feet and shown lit up at night. (dont look too closely, Ive been skipping leg day)
Travel log: Dubai
April 12, 2024

Loki Season 2 Best MCU Project Since Endgame

Spoiler Free

Loki season two wrapped up on Thursday, Nov 9th, and has been met with widespread acclaim. The praise the show has received is very well deserved. It the most well-thought-out and incredibly engaging show from the MCU since Avengers Endgame.

Although phases four and five of the Marvel Cinematic Universe have been disappointing for many long time fans of the franchise, Loki season two has been a definite step in the right direction for Marvel. The last episode left fans at the very least intrigued about where the MCU is going.

Loki season two follows up directly where season one ended with “He Who Remains” (Jonathan Majors) being killed off by the Loki variant Sylvie (Sophia Di Martino) leaving the multiverse in danger of variants of He Who Remains. Loki (Tom Hiddleston) must work with TVA agent Mobius (Owen Wilson) to save the TVA and protect the multiverse. Th incredibly well-written and engaging show develops the titular character of Loki in a faithful, interesting way by taking him from the villain who initially assembled The Avengers to a hero seeking to save the entire multiverse.

The plot is thrilling as we watch our heroes race the clock to stop the death of the multiverse. The show has great pacing as it the episodes flow flawlessly into each other. Loki is able to balance exciting and intense action scenes with slow-paced character moments in ways few other shows can emulate. The show also has great twists including a midseason cliff hanger that had social media a buzz when it aired. The high stakes nature of the plot makes every decision and every twist even more impactful, and the season finale sets up future marvel projects including the announced Avenger Secret Wars movie coming out in a few years.

The Characters of Loki are unique and interesting with both returning faces from season one and a few newcomers. Tom Hiddleston turns in another iconic performance as the charismatic Loki, further cementing himself as the perfect casting for his character.

Loki also features one of the most compelling character arcs in the entire Marvel universe that spans from conniving villain to desperate hero.  Mobius steals the show with his comedic timing and compelling performance as he battles his own imposter syndrome.

Sylvie, a female Loki from a different timeline, continues her mission to free the multiverse and fights her feelings toward Loki and her fears on how he threatens her own dreams. He Who Remains is a terrifying and frighting presence despite only having limited screen time, and newcomers like Ouroboris (Ke Huy Quan) and Victor Timely (Jonathan Majors) steal the show whenever on screen.

Loki season two has restored the faith of many MCU fans and has many fans curious to see where this universe leads after many of the original Avengers have retired and left the MCU.