Spin the Wheel Golf
Spin the Wheel Golf
May 16, 2024

Lady Braves Defeat Jackson, Raise Money for Cancer on Pink Night

PINK+POWER%3A+The+student+section+gathers+to+take+a+picture+after+the+volleyball+girls+took+the+dub+against+Jackson.+Senior+Kenlee+Engelhardt+said%2C+Having+the+student+section+there+really+brings+up+my+energy+and+makes+me+want+to+play+good.+
PINK POWER: The student section gathers to take a picture after the volleyball girls took the dub against Jackson. Senior Kenlee Engelhardt said, “Having the student section there really brings up my energy and makes me want to play good.”

On October 12 the Lady Braves took on the Jackson Lady Broncs for Pink Night. The events not only featured stellar volleyball but also generous donations for those battling breast cancer.

All the donated treats and gifts raised over $10,000 dollars for the cause. The money went to Eileen Humphrey to help her as she undergoes treatment. “I am very grateful for all the hard work put into earning this money, and I wish I could have made it to the game,” said Humphrey.

The home team won the match 3-0 to get revenge after losing to the Lady Broncs by the same score in Jackson at the end of September. Senior Taya Johnson said, “It felt really good to beat them because it’s embarrassing to lose to them.”

This was last time all the seniors could play together on Pink Night in front of a huge home crowd. Senior Mikayla Christiansen said, “Pink night was really fun. It was kind of an emotional ride knowing it was the last time playing with the girls in front of a huge crowd and being able to raise money for Stacy and Eileen.”

Even though the win against Jackson counts like any other game on the schedule, it feels different to the team. “It draws in a lot more people because there is an auction and a bake good sale and everyone knows that the money is going to a good cause, so many more people from the community come and watch and support us and the people the money is going too,” said junior Atlee Button.

The Pink Night game against Jackson was a winning night for the Braves and the fight against breast cancer.