Farren Haderlie to Replace Jason Horsley As Principal

Get+know+the+schools+next+principal%2C+Mr.+Haderlie%21+

Get know the school’s next principal, Mr. Haderlie!

Kylee Dugger, staff writer

SVHS will have a new principal next school year, replacing Mr. Horsley who is going to work in the district office. Mr. Farren Haderlie, currently the assistant principal at the middle school, will take his place. MS asked our soon0-t- be principal Mr. Haderlie ten questions to get to know him better!

Q: You graduated from SVHS in 1989. How has school since you were in school?

A: Well, in over thirty years it is amazing what has changed and what stayed the same. The biggest change that I see is technology – kids and adults are never really away from it today.

Q: Rumor has it you married your high school sweetheart, do tell!

A: I did, and it was the best decision I ever made. The rest we will just have to keep between you and me.

Q: You used to teach at SVHS. What was that experience like?

A: I taught at SVHS from 2001-2012, and it was a great experience. My class was next door to Adam Guild and Kim Dockstader, and I am looking forward to working with the staff from back in the day and those who are new.

Q: What super power would you have if you could have one and why?

A: Really good question, whatever superpower Tony Stark has would be good.

Q: What’s one thing you would change about yourself if you could?

A: My haircut.

Q: Who’s your greatest hero and why?

A:  Easy, my dad – just the way it is.

Q: What were your favorite subjects in high school and why?

A: Shop, shop and shop – with a sprinkle of math.

Q: What is your favorite book and why?

A: Go Dog Go by P.D. Eastman and The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf – it reminds me of reading to my kids when they were little; it was a great part of life. The 5 People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Album is a great one and John Adams by David McCullough (It’s hard to pick just one).

Q: What are you most excited about coming back at SVHS?

A: The enjoyment of being a part of a high school student’s current success and also the success they have after they leave— it is a pretty remarkable experience.

Q: What is your favorite aspect of working with high school students?

A: It is such an important time of life for them and places them on a trajectory for what comes next and, one could argue, for many many years. It is a great opportunity to be a part of that process.

We are looking forwards to having Mr. Haderlie as our principal for our 2022-2023 school year and beyond!