Freshman Basketball Teams Wrap-Up Winning Season

FRESH: The freshman Braves lost only two games their entire season. “My favorite game was against Evanson because I scored 21 out of our 53 points,” said freshman Bryson Nield.

Kendyll Rappleye, staff writer

In another exciting year of fast-paced basketball action in Star Valley the freshmen teams had a great winter season, scoring hard-earned victories, learning from losses, and growing as individuals and as teams through every practice and game. 

The girls and boys freshman teams look back on the season and reflect positively on the hard work they put in. The girls won 15 games to only eight losses, while the boys won 21 out of 23 games. 

“Our best game was definitely against Pinedale because they’re a really hard team to beat, and we acame close to beating them. My favorite memory from the season was being able to stay in the hotels with all my teammates,” said freshman Emily Dana.

“My favorite game was against Evanston because it was a very close game, and it got super intense. My first dunk of the season was also super memorable for me,” said Taeson Johnson

The coaches and players expressed how proud they felt about their team’s growth this past season and are working hard to prepare for next year.

SWISH: The girls won the large majority of their games and gained valuable experience to help them in future varsity play. “My favorite memory was being able to spend time with my teammates and grow closer to them,” said freshman Torrie White.