Latest Spiderman Flick Does Not Disappoint

Spiderman:No Way Home recently came out, making $121 million on its first day. “I enjoyed being able to go to the movie theatre with my friends,” said junior Tygee Leavitt.

Kylee Dugger, Staff Writer

Marvel’s Spiderman: No Way Home hit U.S. movie theaters on December 17th, 2021, and people are still talking about it.

The movie was greatly anticipated for the better part of a year, and with a $200 million budget, fans expected it to be “Amazing.” So far, the movie has grossed about $1.69 billion in the box office and has debuted in several countries. The film received a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes with an audience score of 98%.

With so many theories and information leaks from set and popular actors, many people became obsessed with the new movie, but what about students?

“I thought it had a lot of emotional depth, and it just conveyed real emotions that we all experience, so it made a deeper connection with the audience. And it showcased the actors’ range,” said junior Lily Weiler. The movie embraces a plethora of emotional scenes that show both pain and growth especially the tear jerking finale.

“That was the biggest emotional rollercoaster I’ve had all year, and I had chemistry, so that’s saying a lot,” said sophomore Ellie McCombie. “I cried so hard.”

Anyone who has seen the film seems to agree; it was a very moving film with both heartwarming and heartbreaking moments amidst all the fantastic, amazing Spidey action.

“I hated it and loved it all at the same time,” said sophomore Maggie Daniels.

The movie also showed great friendships, but none quite as relatable or lovable as that of Peter Parker (Tom Holland) and Ned Leeds (Jacob Batalon). These two characters share a fun handshake that Weiler and friend, Jenna Young, have learned and memorized for themselves. See the above video.

Spiderman: No Way Home was an overall success with thrilling action packed scenes juxtaposed with tender scenes of pure humanity.

The movie brought back many infamous Spiderman villains such as Dr. Otto Octavian (Alfred Molina) and the Green Goblin (William Dafoe). Fans of the earlier Spiderman movies (those of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield) are also sure to enjoy.

The movie is still screening in movie theaters for all those wanting to see it.