Boys Basketball Ready to Roll

NUMBER 1! Last year the boys finished first the 4A Southwest Conference by beating Riverton in a barn-burner 45-44.

Ava Morgan , staff writer

What is your favorite sport to watch in the winter? The coming basketball season has  many boys, parents, and coaches very excited to watch and see how things turn out!

Eager freshman cannot wait to finally play some high school ball, sophomores feel ready to shoot for varsity time, and the upperclassmen have their sights set on a lofty finish in March.

Tryouts start and end during Thanksgiving week, and many boys have been training and practicing to be ready. “Most of the players have been working really hard and training during the off season, so I think we are going to be very good and hopefully go undefeated,” said freshman Bryson Nield.

Not only are the parents excited to cheer on the Braves this year, but the cheerleaders are too! “I am looking forward to this upcoming basketball season because I think the boys have a good chance this year at state, and we don’t have to be out in the cold cheering,” said senior Karlee Cassidy.

The seniors will step on the basketball court for one last season. “I am really excited to play with the boys one last time. I think we will have lots of talent on the team this year,” said senior Tate Frome.

Many players have been waking up early to get to open gym and staying late after school to work on their skills and get in more practice time. “Open gyms have helped a lot with game knowledge, court visions, and game-like scenarios.” said sophomore Khale Klinger. It is going to be a great season, and all the boys are ready and excited for it to start!

ALL SMILES: Many of the boys pictured here from the 2020-21 team will return this season. This team advanced to the state tournament and won their first game there in March of 2021. “I cannot wait to just hangout with all the boys and make some great memories,” said junior Cooper Kabonic.
COURT VISION: Then-junior Tate Frome looks for his teammates. Frome will return this season as a senior to help lead the Braves. “I Can’t wait to party it up with the boys” said Frome.