Lady Braves Volleyball Season Ends in Casper

FLASH: Freshman through senior players gather together for a team picture. “This season was a blast. It was so fun much to ball with my girls,” said sophomore Kenlee Engelhardt.

Gracee Cazier, staff writer

On Saturday, November 6, the 2021 volleyball season came to an end in Casper at the state tournament, and it did not end the way anyone hoped it would.

The Lady Braves went into state as the second seed and right away faced off against the Thunder Basin Bolts first round. They fought four hard sets with the Bolts but couldn’t get the win. Friday morning they went up fully prepared against the Cody Lady Fillies and won in a fast three sets. On Saturday the Lady Braves played against the Natrona Fillies, a team they lost to at home during the conference championship game, to see who would go on to consolation match. The lady braves fought hard but lost in five sets.

Senior Whitnee Hale was sad to have her last state completion end the way it did, but she had a great season. “Honestly it was a little disappointing. I think we could’ve done better, but it was a fun finale to my volleyball career,” said Hale.

Leading up to state, the Lady Braves had a successful season. Undefeated in regular season play, they entered regionals as the first seed and came as the conference runners up. They had awesome support during both home and away games from the student body who showed up en masse and in costume to cheer the team on. “Being able to go and support the girls is so much fun,” said Faith Shaw. The student section brought a unique kind of energy to the games as they got the girls and the crowd super hyped up.

Seven seniors are leaving this program, but they leave behind a great legacy for future Lady Braves to follow. “It was such an amazing season. I am so proud of all the girls who played this year. I’m so sad it had to end, but excited to see how these girls continue play these next few years,” said senior McKenna Frazier.