Spooky Season Brings People Together for Fun Activities

FRIGHTMERES WITH WITH GIRLS: Maddie Smith, Chelsea Hoopes, Josie Foster, and Chloe Ritchie hang with the Jack ‘OLaterns. “We wanted to go do something on the weekend for a fun Halloween activity, so our moms said we could go to Lagoon’s Frightmares. I loved it and it made for lots of cute pictures. I’m not a big fan of dressing up for Halloween, but I love seeing all the little kids dress up,” said, sophomore Chelsea Hoopes.

Kamryn Thompson, staff writer

Halloween is the most spooky time of the year, but there’s lots of other fun things in the month October like haunted houses, carving pumpkins, watching horror movies, and baking a pumpkin treat.

High school is that awkward time where you don’t know whether you should go trick or treating or just go to Maverik and buy some candy. Lots of friends have traditions they like to do at this time of the year.

A Google search reveals that “Halloween or Hallowe’en, also known as Allhalloween, All Hallows’ Eve, or All Saints’ Eve is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows’ Day.” Students love being scared and feeling that adrenaline, especially when they are with their friends.