Seniors Plan for Future Success

WHAT’S UP DOC? Corbin Tolman hopes to go into the medical field and one day have a family.

Jill England, staff writer

As soon as a high school student walks across the stage and gets a diploma, the whole world waits ahead of them. Every graduating senior will move on with life and make important choices.

Some students choose to go straight to college. “I want to go to college because I feel like there are so many more opportunities than if you don’t go. I’m probably going to go to BYU-I because my sister goes there and I have family close to there,” said Jacie Angell.

Emily Strasburg also plans to go on to college but in a place much further from Star Valley than Rexburg. “I want to go to a college far away! This is my plan because I want to experience new things and get out of this small town! I’m really hoping to go to a top-tier school,” said Strasburg.

Other students intend to serve missions for their church before working or furthering their educations. “I plan to serve a two year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Then after that I hope to go to Utah State University,” said Noah Draney.

Similarly, Corbin Tolman will serve a mission and hopes to pursue sports once he returns. “I’m planning on serving a two year mission then onto college and hopefully play soccer, preferably at Dixie State,” said Tolman.

No matter what seniors decide to do, their opportunities are endless, and it will be exciting to see what the future holds for them!