Kammi Merritt: “The first day went well.”

Freshmen Adjusting to Life in the Big House

September 15, 2020

We have all been there, the new kids at school, the freshmen. Remember walking into the high school on your first day of high school? The fear, the excitement, the nerves, how scary and big the seniors looked. This year’s freshmen class experienced all those emotions to some extent.

“How was the first day of high school?”

Kammi Merritt said, “The first day I was not as nervous as others might have been. The first day went well.”

Sheridan Coles said, “I was not nervous at all for the first day, so it was a good day.”

Dezmond Jenkins said, “I was not nervous for the first day of high school.”

Cayden Roberts said, “I was a little nervous for the first day, but I made it through it.”

“How has the transition been so far? Do you like high school better?”

Kammi Merritt said, “It was definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be; it is a lot easier to find my classes than it was in middle school. High school is so much better.”

Sheridan Coles said, “I thought it was going to be way worse than it actually was. In my mind I made it a lot more complicated than it is. High school is way better.”

Dezmond Jenkins, “It took a little bit to learn and get used to, and it is easy now. Yes, I like high school more.”

Cayden Roberts, “The transition to high school is a lot bigger, and it is hard to find where everything is, but once you get used to, it it is not bad. I like high school better than middle school.”

“What is the best thing about high school vs. middle school? 

Kammi Merritt said, “The best difference is the dress code. It is way more flexible.With the middle school dress code it kept getting worse and worse; it was awful.”

Sheridan Coles said, “Just the freedom of high school is so much better.”

Dezmond Jenkins, “There is more freedom in high school than middle school.”

Cayden Roberts, “I like how there is soccer in high school; it will be fun.”

Freshman are dealing with a big change. Going from two grades to four can be a lot, and seeing 17 and 18 year olds walk the same halls and classes as you can be disconcerting for a 13 or 14 year-old. Everyone was a freshman once and many high school seniors will be again next year in college, so be kind to our school’s youngest students.

SHERIDAN COLES: “Just the freedom of high school is so much better.”
DEZMOND JENKINS: “I like how there is soccer in high school; it will be fun.”

CAYDEN ROBERTS: “I was a little nervous for the first day, but I made it through it.”

Mountain Star • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in