Best and Worsts of Life

Back to Article
Back to Article

Best and Worsts of Life

JEEP JEEP: Moya and his gang show off their wheels and home land with the majestic Tetons in the background

Kate Linford, staff writer

Our lives are full of ups and downs, highs and lows, and even more words that mean opposite things of each other. People love saying there are opposites in everything. As students and teenagers, we know this as well as anybody. We’ll be having the time of our lives with our homies and the next thing we know a teacher swoops in with a surprise quiz! (Teachers, if you’re reading this, NOT COOL.) We’ll be eating lunch and enjoying our nutrition, next thing we know it’s 12:26 and we’re still at the grocery store. That is what we like to call pure panic. The point is, we get it. Even with our underdeveloped adolescent brains.

CLIMBIN’ HIGH: Chase Merrell tests his skills with a series of rock wall courses.

The students at SVHS have some bests and worsts they feel are cool enough to talk about. Aaron Moya said that the best part of coming back to school is seeing people. Ironically, Moya said this is also the worst part of coming back to school. This is a pretty relatable standard that a lot of people would agree on.

Taylor Horsely said that his favorite part of being back at school is the sports. His least favorite is “homework, schoolwork, like c’mon guys what else would it be?”

Senior Emma Graham spent the summer in Scotland. As a result she  missed the first week of the 2019 school year. “Originally I thought missing the first week of school would be the best thing ever! How could it not be, right? But during MY first week I found myself soooo behind and was regretting all my life decisions,” said Graham. Making up schoolwork is not fun at all, and Graham definitely had a lot to do. “It was the best and the worst all at once,” she continued.

Chase Merrell said his favorite part of school is “being with Kate and having picnics outside with my homies.” He says he loves that we’re just “big chillin” most of the time and that we have one more year to enjoy each other’s company.”

BABY FACE: Before Horsley’s legendary high school career, he was just a cute 5th grader like everyone else.

Graham and Merrell agree that it’s weird not knowing half of the kids in the school. “I walk around confused cause kids have to be living under the school or something. There’s too many for another explanation,” said Merrel about the onslaught of freshman. So kids, if you see a new face hanging around, they do not live under the school. This was confirmed by Mr. Horsley.

Best class worst class? “Tthere is no such thing as the ‘best’ class. They all suck,” said Hyden Viegal.

“Graham came back to say that ceramics is her favorite class. “It’s just so soothing. I get to sit with my friends and play with clay while jamming to movie theme songs.” She said she would sit in there all day if she could. Aaron Moya added that his favorite class is weights because it’s “chill.” His least favorite class is “Honors English with Fullmer……only because it’d be funny to bug him by saying so.”

JEEP JEEP: Moya and his gang show off their wheels and home land with the majestic Tetons in the background.

Moya said that the worst part of his entire summer was one time the his popsicles melted. “You can imagine the drippage, it was everywhere. That entire popsicle was wasted. Terrible day.” Losing a popsicle is one of the worst pains we can experience. RIP Arron’s popsicle. Moya’s highlight of summer was playing baseball. Merrell said that the worst part of summer ending is that “summer ended.” This is pretty relatable and most students would have to agree. He said the best part of summer ending is that he gets to play football.

RAINY DAYS: “Does this look cool?” Questioned Veigell about his picture pose.

Merrell also had some words of advice about school outfits. He said, “To be rocking you gotta be repping the white vans. My personal favorite pair of jeans are salvage, so I’d wear those, and to top it all off, get yourself a fresh white T.” He goes on to say, “The worst outfit I can think of would probably be basketball shorts and plaid.” Graham and Moya agreed this would be a huge fashion mistake.

UP AND AT EM’: Emma Graham at the airport at dawn,trying to catch the early flight so she can continue some summer adventures.

The bests and worsts of our lives will continue systematically throughout life. Hopefully we’ll be able to have more bests.