Drama Students Write, Stage Own Plays

Back to Article
Back to Article

Drama Students Write, Stage Own Plays

DRAMA: Three students in Mrs. Johnson's drama classes had their original one-act plays nominated for staging.

Jayden Nield, staff writer

Drama students of Star Valley High School took on the task of writing their own plays, acting them out and/or directing them with great success. The students in the class were given the assignment to write their own play and three of those were chosen to be acted out and shown to a live audience on Thurs, the 16th of May. Makayla Miller, Liv Cottam and Lily Rearden were the authors who earned the chance to show off their work.

Miller wrote a play she titled Intoxicating. “It was super cool, and I was proud of it,” said Miller.

Cottam, who’s play You Have the Right to Remain Silent also saw time on the big auditorium stage strongly recommends drama classes to her fellow students. “It was a lot of fun seeing my own play being acted out,” said Cottam.

Rearden penned a play called The Danger but Not Really. She felt her play turned out just the way she hoped it would. “I felt very successful and happy,” said Rearden.

Shakespeare once wrote that “the play’s the thing.” These up and coming playwrights seem to know just how correct the Bard was all those years ago.