Students Receive Yearbook, Sign Madly

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students Receive Yearbook, Sign Madly

BOOKING IT: Students gather around the school to sign each other's yearbooks. Students received their book on Tues, May 21 after the awards assembly.

Wyatt Brylinski, staff writer

As the end of the year approaches quickly, we find it hard to look back and remember what happened. Yearbooks provide a in-depth overview of our year as well as all the fun pictures of activities and friends. We find it very entertaining to look back over the years and laugh at our appearance and younger selfs; or even better, it’s fun to look back to the year of 88′ and taking a look at parents and teachers.

On Tuesday, May 21st, students received their yearbooks from their 5th hour teachers after the awards assembly and took to the halls to do some signing. “I thought it was pretty fun signing yearbooks,” said junior Dre Jenkins.

This year’s book, themed “Infinite” was edited by senior Chloe England. “There was some cool pics in the yearbook this year,” said junior Ren King.

LEAVING THEIR MARK: Riley Heward, Teylor Dunn, Emma Dubisz, and Lily Jenkins swap books on a bench.

Yearbook signing, a tradition that goes back decades in American schools, used to take place for SVHS in August at a back-to-school dance. For the last decade, the yearbook has been distributed in May at the end of the school year.”I liked writing stuff to my friends,” added sophomore Cody Gustafson said

This year students seemed to congregate in the commons area to do the bulk of their signing, although they could be seen all over the building writing in each other’s yearbooks. “It was really hot in the commons, so I did not stick around too long to sign them,” said  sophomore Gabe Nield.

Yearbook advisor Mr. Fullmer said, “I’m proud of the staff this year and the book they produced. No one ever appreciates the hard work and diligence that yearbook staff members put in. Chole [England] spent many hours and suffered lots of stress to get that book into student hands last week. I thought it looked great.”

SVHS alumnus Roy Nelson, who now works as a photographer in UT, took the cover photo chosen by editor Chloe England. Each book cost students $47 a piece and staff distributed almost 700 copies.