Students Mostly Sleep to Beat Long Bus Rides

Back to Article
Back to Article

Beautiful Scenery: Students get to enjoy the gorgeous landscape of Southern and Central Wyoming from their seats on the travel bus.

RJ Cazier, staff writer

In many states the farthest a school has to travel for activities is an hour, maybe two. The wonderful state of Wyoming is different. Teams often find themselves traveling hundreds of miles and multiple hours for events. Although every school travels their fair share, SV out does them all.

Five-plus hour trips are frequent for the students of Star Valley High. From watching movies to sleeping, there are many different techniques student employ during long bus rides to make them more enjoyable.

The Wheels on the Bus: A bus is a road vehicle designed to carry many passengers. Buses can have a capacity as high as 300 passengers. Buses have been around since the early 1800’s; however, motorized buses first started being used around 1900.

Senior Tanner Thompson said, “In my four years of participating in extra-curricular activities, I have traveled thousands of miles. My advice for long bus rides is to either sleep or vibe to some fire tunes.”

Junior James Erickson said, “I have gone on too many bus rides to count. I hate them so much. My advice would be to tell stories with your friends.”

Senior Alek Lawson said, “Driving through the park or over Togwotee is cool, but going any other way is so boring. All I do on the bus is sleep, sleep, and sleep some more. That would be my advice.”

Although Wyoming is gorgeous and has beautiful features, driving across it dozens of times can get old. However, with the right techniques and strategies, a day-long drive can seem like 30 seconds. Whether traveling to Cody, Casper, Laramie, or anywhere in between, using smart travel tip can make it so much better.