Riley Heward Showing True Colors

TRIBE%3A+Riley+Heward+in+full+Native+American+get+up+joins+other+Pep+Club+members+in+cheering+on+the+Braves.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Riley Heward Showing True Colors

TRIBE: Riley Heward in full Native American get up joins other Pep Club members in cheering on the Braves.

Will Johnson, staff writer

Junior Riley Heward has been involved in golf and track in high school but has recently found a new way to spend her time as the new Pep Club president. Pep club has already drastically improved school spirt and made home basketball games and wrestling watches more intense.

BRAVE: JUNIOR Riley Heward shows off her school spirit by dressing up as the Braves’ Mascot!

Heward took some time to discuss her role, her club, and the reason behind why she wears all that leather and feathers:

1. What is Pep Club?  “Pep Club is basically those who super fan and come up with ideas so that we coordinate.”
  2. What made you decide to be president of the club?  “I decided to be president because I felt like it.”
  3. What costumes do you and other members usually wear to events?  “I always try to bring my costume back to our mascot at SVHS. Other members usually go with the theme and wear whatever they have available at the time.”
  4. What Difference do you think pep club makes in the atmosphere of the school and sporting events? “I think the pep club has tried to make it so we help the teams get excited to play, and we are kind of the entertainment besides the games. For the school I think it brings school spirit.”
  5. What do you see as the future of the club?  ” Im afraid the club will die because of all the restrictions put on it.”
  6. If people know just one thing about the club what would you like it to be?  “That its fun and the more you look and act like a dork the more fun you will have ,and I hope more people get involved and support our Teams and Mascot.”

For more information about Pep Club and super fanning, get ahold off Riley Heward or other members of the Pep Club!

With the end of the season dwindling down for both basketball and wrestling, come out and support and get in the studentssection to show the Braves and Lady Braves your support!