All-State All-Stars Sing in Casper

Back to Article
Back to Article

All-State All-Stars Sing in Casper

Nineteen: The best of the school's vocalists who represented our school in Casper at All-Choir assemble in their favorite room: the choir room.

Zack Sims, staff writer

Star Valley has always been known for having so many great singers. It seems that we may never have a drought of superior sopranos nor a shortage of tenacious tenors.

With each new start of the school year, we are introduced to many more beautiful voices. This year has been exceptional for the choirs as a whole. In terms of All-State numbers, this was their best year yet.

Nineteen students auditioned from Star Valley were chosen to attend the All-State ensemble in Casper Wyoming. A bus took them across the state leaving on Sunday morning January 20th and arriving in Casper the same day. Every student that takes a choir class can try out for All-State and it is encouraged to do so.

Junior Kamryn Johnson said, “The best part was hanging out and doing activities. And our director was AWESOME!”

Every one of the students practiced all day Monday and Tuesday, then they performed once on Tuesday night directed by Andrea Ramsey.

BEAUTY IS PAIN: Duncan Elder and Emma Graham take a spill while trying to take a cute video for Snapchat during ice-skating at All-State choir.

Singing all day and night is not how it went at All-State, if that’s what you were thinking. They had time throughout their days to have a little fun. One of the activities that they got to participate in during their free time was ice-skating, and it seems Duncan Elder and Emma Graham had more fun crashing to the ground than actually skating around. While they did have a blast, it unfortunately came to an end as they had to come back to real life here in SV.

They’ll have to relive the memories through inside jokes that nobody else thinks are funny until next year, but as long they are happy, we are happy.