Indoor Track Breaking Records. Again.

Koa DeLong, Staff Writer

Indoor track is a relatively new sport at Star Valley High School. With only a few years of indoor track under its belt, SVHS has had several individuals win state titles in the past with an amazing group of runners coming from our excellent cross country and outdoor track programs. At the team’s first meet of the year in ISU, serval athletes took first place in their events and even broke two school records.

Wyatt Moore won the 60 meter dash at ISU and broke the indoor track school record for both the 60 meter dash (with a time of 7.03 seconds) and the 200 meter dash (With a time of 22.4 seconds).

SOARIN’: Senior Wyatt Moore gets in the zone for his 60 meter dash at ISU Friday, Jan 11.

When asked how he felt about his performance at ISU, Moore said, “I think I did pretty well for my first meet, but I hope to improve on my results as the season progresses.” Also at ISU Asefa Wetzel won the 1 mile race with an impressive time of 4:24.64 and Emily Gertsch took first in the Mixed Weight Throw (28-08.00 feet).

Of the team’s performance that weekend in Pocatello, Coach Draney said his team “had a great start to the season, but they have a long way to go still. Even with a few missing athletes due to missed practice and sickness, the team still did well, and I’m looking forward to improving throughout the rest of the season.”

The indoor track team has many strong athletes and started off the 2019 indoor track season on the right foot.