New Crimson Corner Open for Business

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Crimson Corner Open for Business

BOOMING: Mrs. Philpott and other workers sell at the Crimson Corner.

Tony "Seizure Boy" Reyes, staff writer

Let’s date back to Fall 1998; the Rancheros ruled the land. There were more cows than people in the valley, and we were basically in Red Dead Redemption II. And a brand new school building opened up, the current Star Valley High School. Think about everything in this school: the teachers, the sports teams, the music programs, and the classes. Most of these things weren’t around when the school opened up. We’ve gotten new teachers, more sports, more music programs, and different classes. Many new additions had been added to the school in its 21 years of existence. One thing that has been here from the beginning, through thick and thin, is the school store. Since day one the school store has been giving the kids what they want; candy, soda, and snacks. The store has maintained its popularity since Dahl Simpson opened it up for business in 1998. Mr. Simpson was in charge of the school store up up until this year. New leadership and regulations have changed the shape of the school store, but for good or for bad?

There are many changes to the school store this year, the main one being the name change. For many years everyone has simply known the school store as just the “School Store.” Thanks to new leader Karli Philpott, the school store is now known as “The Crimson Corner.” Many students enjoy the name change and having something to call it other than the school store. Sophomore Cody Gustafson said,  “I like the Crimson Corner because when I can’t get rides to lunch they provide food instead of just school lunch.”

CHEESIN’: Senior Emerald Buttram stays cool and grabs a drink for a lucky customer.

Another big change to the store is the new healthy requirements. This year the state clamped down on what the store could and could not sell. Senior Olivia Rainey, a worker at the store, said, “According to the state, we can’t have anything over 50mg of sugar or that contains any added salts, everything has to pass a test.” Many kids dislike this, but the teachers think Mrs. Philpott is doing great with what the regulations allow.

FRO-YOooo!: Sophomore Manager Keigan Johns pulls a cup of f=Fro-Yo  from the brand new machine.

The Crimson Corner has also been selling many new things. A big new addition to their inventory are all the spirit items. The crimson corner sells Star Valley Braves socks. For $12 you can get a white, black, or red pair of nice crew socks with the Braves logo on them. Mrs. Phillpott also assures the students that Star Valley branded beanies are in the mail. The Crimson Corner also sells iPad accessories. These little iPad accessories help out when your forget your charger or a stylus.

GOT SPIRIT?: The new school branded socks are available in their three different colors lookin’ fly.

The new Crimson Corner? Based on how sales have gone up this year, we can determine that they are doing something right. If you haven’t stopped by, stop and buy some stuff!

1 Comment

One Response to “New Crimson Corner Open for Business”

1. Jacob Wooden on January 7th, 2019 2:54 pm

Are those the only kind of socks? You should get t-shirts, and beanies.

• New Crimson Corner Open for Business

Features

Pep Club New to SVHS

• New Crimson Corner Open for Business

Features

Get to Know Your Friendly Neighborhood Patterson

• New Crimson Corner Open for Business

Features

Winter Roads Causing Havoc

• New Crimson Corner Open for Business

Features

Culinary Cooks Roof off

• New Crimson Corner Open for Business

Features

FFA Involvement Goes Way Beyond Farm

• New Crimson Corner Open for Business

Features

Don’t Take Geology For Granite

• Features

Eggnog Perfect Holiday Drink

• New Crimson Corner Open for Business

Features

SVHS Marching Band Takes Work

• Features

Bow Hunting Gaining Student Enthusiasts

• New Crimson Corner Open for Business

Features

Social Media Policy Looms

New Crimson Corner Open for Business