Star Valley Kicks off B-Ball season

With much anticipation the basketball season finally came. On Dec, 6 The boys and girls teams trekked across the state to try and start off their seasons on a right foot.

The boys started their season off at a tournament in Riverton. The boys first opponent was #3 ranked Kelly Walsh. Even though Sv came out strong and fast it was not enough to take down the Trogans. Junior  player Taylor Horsley said “ We started off good, but we just couldn’t shoot the ball at all.

BALLER: The varsity basketball team gets straight dubs against Lyman.

The Braves next opponent was Riverton. The Braves started off good and kept the momentum going and beat the Wolverines by a score of 61 to 43.

On the last day of the Riverton tournament the Braves faced Cheyenne South. Senior Will Johnson said” we really want to come out of the weekend with a winning record, so this was an important game.” The Braves were in a battle. It was back and forth. With only ten seconds left in the fourth quarter the game was tied. The Braves passed the ball in and Junior Rj Cazier took the last shot of regulation. He missed a half court shot, so the Braves and the Bison were headed into over time. The Braves got the jump on the Bison and did not take their foot of the peddle and won 80 to 75 in OT.

On the same 3 days the Lady Braves headed down to Casper. The lady Braves played the same teams as the Braves.

On the first day the Lady Braves Faced Kelly Walsh. They rattle off a win against Kelly Walsh barely edging them off by a score of 42 to 38. Senior Cassie Hunsaker said, “ It was great to finally start the seasons off on a good foot. 4A is definatly a change from 3A, but we played pretty well as a team. It also showed us we need to to improve on though.”

TEAM WORK: The Lady Braves meet in center court to have a quick pow-wow during their first home game. Olivia Muir said, “Our effort was there against Lyman, but our focus was not in the first quarter.”

On the second day of the tournament the lady Braves faced Riverton. They handle the lady Wolverines fairly easy. They beat them by a score of 52 to 31.

On the last day of the tournament SV looked to go undefeated and start the season off on a great foot. Just like the Braves the Lady Braves faced the Bison from Cheyenne South. And the lady Braves were on a roll, just like the night before they handled the Bison and won 56 to 33. They Lady Braves ended up going 3-0 over the weekend and look to keep the mojo going.

Both the lady Braves and the Braves made the big jump to 4A and so far they are both doing their schools proud. Sv looks to keep up the good work as they face opponents in the near future.