Hats Can Change the World

HATS OFF: These kids are committing the ultimate crime and supporting a student with his evil hat. Kick them all out!

A Brief Complaint: Out of all the school rules we have to follow here at the high school, the most hated will forever be the no hat rule. Who really decided this was necessary? It’s not like we can shove a gun or a an entire answer key for the test next week in our hats. Well, technically we could shove an answer key, but when in the heck are we supposed to get it out??? I mean we’re good, but we aren’t THAT good.  There are a great many reasons why hats should be allowed, and I am going to go through at least half of them.

A Hats a history: Every remarkable, worth-mentioning person throughout history has worn some type of headwear. George Washington didn’t win the Revolutionary War without the standard Tri-Corner Hat. In 17th century America, hats with tall crowns and wide brims, like the steeple hat worn by Puritans, started to go out of style. People thought they ruined the appearance of the wig, and that they looked too percarious balanced on the top of a head. The tri-corner, however, had three sides and the brim turned up, either pinned or buttoned in place. This style allowed the wearer to show off his latest wig fashion underneath, and thus his social status. Our country was not founded under unfashionable wigs and lack of headwear. So, in a way, we are being disrespectful to the first leader of our great nation by not allowing hats, as fashion statements and more, to roam throughout our school building. George is not alone as a great American who wore hats. We cannot fail to mention the Mountain Men. Mountain Men were usually seen sporting a hat composed of some type of animal. We live in Wyoming! One of the wildest places in the west! Mountain Men relied on their hats so their ears wouldn’t fall off. Just because the years have changed doesn’t mean that the freezing winds of Wyoming have calmed down at all.

George sporting a dashing hat in colonial times.

The Pros: It would be a lie to say that hats haven’t saved the day before. Every girl and boy has a worst fear: bad hair days. Have you ever woken up, ready to slay the day away and achieve great things then you catch a glimpse of your hair in the mirror, the sinking feeling drops your stomach, and you feel tears well up in your eyes? It’s going to be a bad hair day….nothing can fix it…. and no one can run from it. Hats save the day, allowing you to still look fly and achieve amazing things. Furthermore, if you didn’t have time to do your hair, because you got caught up in community service, as you do, throw on a hat and no one will even be able to tell!

Hats save everything, from the 13 colonies to a bad hair day. Wear hats, save lives.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Hats Can Change the World”

1. Zach on October 17th, 2018 3:22 pm

HATS PLEASE I LOVE TO WERE MY HAT AND STUFF

2. Bradyn Jenkins on October 24th, 2018 11:21 am

I love hats. Hats should be allowed.

• Editorials

NFL National Anthem Protests Continue

• Hats Can Change the World

Editorials

Whitelisting Definition of Insanity

• Hats Can Change the World

News

Newspaper and Yearbook Staff Members Attend State Convention

• Hats Can Change the World

News

Speech and Debate Starts Up

• Student Life

Saturdays are for the Boys

• Entertainment

Get in the Holiday Spirit with These Christmas Classics

• Video

Choir’s Salute to Veterans

• Sports

Braves Cruise on Road to State Title

• Hats Can Change the World

Sports

Chasing My Dad

• Hats Can Change the World

Student Life

Saturdays Are For The Girls

Hats Can Change the World