Drone out WHSSA!

These pictures were taken by a drone flown by Mr. Fullmer who was violating a rule of WHSSA

It’s a bird…. it’s a plane……it’s definitely not Superman….it’s a drone! On September 21, our valley was blessed with a beautiful fall day and an even more beautiful Homecoming football game. Many of you may have been too busy losing your voices and eating free food to have noticed a little white buddy flying over the bleachers and football field. Those of you who did notice probably understood right away that it was vilolating the Wyoming Highschool Sports Association rulebook. Oh wait, no one did that. Except for Mr. Rob Erickson.

The anoucement shook the stands and all eyes rose to the sky. “Super Fantastic Crazy Soccer/Football/Dance/Cheer/My Kids Do Everything” mom LeAnne Morgan said that it actually took her about 30 seconds to locate the inconspicuous drone. Many of the football players report hearing a strange buzzing while out on the field. It is probable that the people from WHSSA heard it all the way in their Casper headquarters.

Athletic Director Rob Erickson said, “Well, the obvious reason that drones are not permitted by the sports association is because of the chance that the drone will malfunction and injure a member of the sports team or the variety of spectators.” He’s right, of course. Machinery malfunction can dampen any event. “Also there has been an expressed worry that drones could be used to drop chemicals over large crowds at sporting events.” A little far fetched, but it is easy to understand why it could be a concern.

The culprit, unsurprisingly, was Mr. Fullmer. He said that the irony is that it is a school drone. When questioned on his criminal acts, he said, “I’ve been wanting to get an ariel picture of a football game for a while now, and homecoming seemed like the perfect opportunity. I realized that it was a rule of WHSSA, and I tried my hardest to keep it off on the sideline.” Apparently the sideline is an equally dangerous place. Fullmer continued to explain “that we don’t have a lot of opportunities to use our school drone. We bought it for those pictures but our opportunities are limited. I’ve used it for only a few of the big class pictures.”

Well, Star Valley, if you have an idea of a picture that could only be taken with a drone, contact Mr. Kelly Fullmer and don’t forget to check the WHSSA handbook before completing the operation.