The Binge Cringe

What Students Are Watching. A lot.

Jayden, Brandon, Olivia

Nate Matthews

Along with social media, watching television is a huge part of our free time. Whether kids are home alone binge watching Netflix or hanging out with friends on a Friday night, most of them will agree that staring at a TV scene for hours on end is a perfect way to pass the time. Binge watching has dramatically increased ever since media service providers such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video have made full seasons of compelling TV available all at once, and with that being said, students tend to watch a variety of TV shows and movies that suit their personality. Here is what some of them had to say when asked what their favorite TV show was to binge watch and why:

Senior Koa DeLong:Breaking Bad. It’s a good series to stay up all night watching, and Walter White is pretty funny.”Breaking Bad follows the main character,Walter White, who becomes a criminal, and his friend Jesse who becomes his partner. Walter White lives in New Mexico with his wife and teenage son who has cerebral palsy.

Junior Jacob Walker:The Office because it’s super funny and has a lot of episodes to watch.”The Office takes place in the fictional town of Scranton, Pennsylvania. The show is a comedy and takes place in the Scranton branch of a failing paper company called Dunder Mifflin. It makes fun of typical office workers, where the workday consists of ego clashes, sitting in front of a computer, and unproductively.

Junior Dean Shaw:The 100. It is suspenseful and has a lot of action in it.”After the earth was destroyed by a nuclear war, the remaining people put together a giant space station called The Ark in space to survive. Then after 97 years of living in space, the counsel sends 100 juvenile prisoners down to earth where for a short period of time they have to fight for survival.

Junior Laycee Cazier:Reba is my favorite show to binge watch simply because it’s the funniest show ever made.”Reba is a single mom who has to take care of her house hold after her husband divorces her for his dental hygienist.

Sophomore Libbi Erickson: “I like Dynasty because it’s good and you get to see behind the scenes of how you can build a successful company.”Dynasty begins with Fallon Carrington who is upset to find her billionaire father Blake engaged to a rival employee at the family company. While, the arrival of Cristal’s nephew Sam, who becomes romantically involved with Fallon’s wayward brother Steven, threatens to expose her past.

Sophomore Jarren Smith: Futurama because it’s super funny and Bender is legit.”Futurama’s main character Phillip Fry is a pizza delivery boy whose life is boring. When he accidentally freezes himself on December 31, 1999, he wakes up 1,000 years in the future. Fry and his friends Leela and Bender wind up working for Farnsworth’s Planet Express Delivery Service.