Moore Bleeds Crimson and Gold

Despite playing for the orange and black in high school.

LONG+ONE%3A+Mr.+Moore+professes+to+be+a+Brave+at+heart%2C+but+he+seems+to+be+dreaming+of+Jackson+Orange+here.+
LONG ONE: Mr. Moore professes to be a Brave at heart, but he seems to be dreaming of Jackson Orange here.

Branden McDonald

Dave Moore. Math teacher. Freak athlete. Superb dad.

Many students know Mr. Moore as the tall, gangly, math teacher, but there’s much “Moore” to the legend Mr. Dave “Ogre Lord” Moore. He actually grew up in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. While in high school, he only participated in basketball. He focused all of his athletic ability on the sport. His hard work paid off and he started 3 years out of 4 in high school.

His toughest battles were always against The Star Valley Braves, winning  some and losing some. He says he considers himself a Jock that was a Low-Key nerd. He continued on to college where he worked on and got his math degree. He also played a little ball there.

Moore started coaching at a junior college where he fell in love with the job. After this he found himself living in Star Valley Ranch where his kids went to Star Valley for academics, but he taught at Jackson Hole. Then a job opened at Star Valley High, and the rest you know.

He’s been here teaching for 14 years now and loves it. He says he loves life right now. But is he still a Bronc at heart?  He proudly identifies as a Brave through and through.  Moore loves coaching, but if wasn’t doing that he would be an Olympic down hill skier.