Green Advances to Semi-Finals in Miss Teen Wyoming Pageant

RJ Cazier

RED CARPET: JuniorClaire Green shows off her formal gown for the camera. “For this being my first pageant, I am super proud of myself, and I love all the girls who competed,” Green said. The event took place at Natrona High in Casper.

Many people were probably unaware of the Miss Teen Wyoming Pageant that occurred in Casper over the weekend of Sept. 15th. This pageant is an annual event and happens in all fifty states. The contestants participate in a private interview with an array of outstanding, qualified judges. Next, they model activewear, formal gown, and an introduction outfit. The winner receives many awards and prizes, including scholarships.

Local SVHS junior Claire Green recently participated in the pageant. This was her first entry into any pageant. She said, “My grandma has a friend in Utah who is involved with Miss Utah, so she encouraged me to look into Miss Teen Wyoming. I never thought doing pageants until then. So at the end of the summer, I decided to do it.”

Those not involved with this event may not appreciate the amount of preparation that each individual must complete. Green said, “I had no idea how much work it takes to get ready for a big pageant! I had to learn to walk in 6in heels which is very hard. I had to to practice walking across the stage and to look at the judges and remember not to trip on my dress.”

The pageant involves more than just looking and sounding good. Contestants must also open up and show judges and the audience glimpses of their real selves. Green said, “I had to fill out an extensive worksheet with all kinds of questions about me: my life goals, favorite charity, all my hobbies, extra curricular activities, etc…”

There was a record 29 contestants in this year’s pageant. Girls from all over the state flocked to Casper to participate, Green being the lone participant from Star Valley.

SAY CHEESE: Claire Green takes a picture with winner Grace Turner, a student from Jackson Hole High School. Claire said, “Grace Turner from Jackson won. She’s amazing, chill, and so nice. I am so glad I did this pageant.” Although she is wearing heels, Turner was one of the tallest girls.