Photography Reveals Hidden Talents

Cosmo Morgan, staff writer

A lot of students take elective classes thoughout their 4 years of high school. Popular electives, such as photography, are difficult to get in to.

With limited cameras and space in the afternoon classes, photography students should feel lucky to hang a camera around their necks. Taught by Mrs. Dockstader, the class stresses the importance of camera lighting, shutter speed, and apature. Most seniors would recommend this class not only for the fun, but also because of the skills they learn.

Savana Finley – Canon Rebel t3

Many seniors have had their pictures taken by this photographer who has a knack of making everyone look gorgeous or handsome.

In The Moment – Picture of one of Finely’s favorite artists.

Alias Erickson – Canon Rebel t5i 

” I love to take pictures in my free time. Its relaxing and every single picture is different, like everyone around the world.” 

Sunset on the Salt – Alias loves nature and shows off the talent with the sun dipping behind the mountains. Alias will pull pics either with his iPhone or his Rebel.

Dawson DB Erickson – Nikon D5600 100th anniversary edition 

I love photography because it gives me something to do. I also enjoy seeing other people’s photos because it lets me know that I can still improve. I’m self taught, so that’s cool to because I can take credit for every photo I take.”

Flows of Swifty – DB shows his impressive take on Aftons’s Intermittent Spring, a place Erickson frequently visits.

Kate Linford (KaterTot) – iPhone 6

” I’m not really good. All I can say is filters make anything look better. 

Rainbow Flavored Clouds – Kate shows off her selfie skills as she finds her favorite colors on the clouds after feeding cows.

Share your talents and sign up for photography next year! You can start your own VSCO or Instagram page and present your photos so everyone can see them!