Spring Athletes Try to Finish Victoriously

As school comes to a close, so too does the spring sports season. From spring golf to soccer to track and field, SVHS represented well this spring with all of our great athletes and coaches. The coaches and athletes hope to continue their great success and all take home state titles during the third week of May.

Boys and girls Track and field:

According to coach Ty Draney, ” This has been a good year for SV T&F. We hope to be healthy and at full strength for the state meet in a few weeks.”

Junior Olivia Muir is very happy with where the girls team is at this point in the season. She said, “Everybody is working their hardest in practices and its definitely showing. We are doing very good in meets, and I can’t wait to see how we do at state in a few weeks.”

Senior Josh Dawson said, “I’m really excited about with how our team has done in the past meets, and we have big things coming when we get to state.”

The girls track team hopes to have the same success at state this year as they did last year.

The boys team plans on repeating their title at state track.

Boys Soccer:

Coach Kurt Mason said, “It has been a great season, and we are hoping for an even better finish! The boys have been playing a level of soccer that has left a lasting impression with both teams we have played and officials alike. We are a force to be reckoned with if the boys show up and play their game. Other than injuries, our biggest hurdle at this point is staying hungry. If every player shows up with the attitude of ‘I want the ball’, and they play hard stepping to the ball every time, we should dominate the state tournament.” Junior Robert Choma said, “This soccer season has been a great one, and I’m ready to finish it off the right way at state.”

Girls soccer:

Senior Macy Erickson said,  “Our upset against Cody gave our team a lot of much needed confidence and excitement about the upcoming state tournament. I can’t wait to see what we can do in the final games.”

The girls soccer sits united in their goal.

Boys and Girls Spring Golf:

Coach Kelly Fullmer said, “Spring golf is a great time for my players to scrape the winter rust off their clubs and start hitting the ball. It always gives us as coaches a great preview of what to expect during the summer and the coming fall season.”

Junior Kaylee Merritt said, “Spring Golf was a great time to practice and give us a preview for the fall season.”

The Boys and Girls golf team messing around earlier this year Valley View.