FFA Continues to Compete around State

Olivia Muir, Staff Writer

Star Valley High School’s FFA students recently participated in the Northwest Collage and Casper Collage FFA Career Development Events.

The FFA (Future Farmers of America) is a youth program based on classes that promote and support agricultural education. There were 5 students competing in the ENR (Environmental & Natural Resources). Those students included Dawson Erickson Gauge Astle, Will Mondy, Danielle Erickson. They had placed 7th highest team overall, and Danielle Erickson was able to steal the 3rd highest individual score overall in this event.

There were many others who participated in other events such as Meat Evaluation, Livestock Evaluation, and the Equine evaluation. The Equine Evolution team placed 6th overall and the Meats Evaluation team took the 9th place. These teams include Cody Gustafson, Lexy Lancaster, Caeille Hale, Dawson Erickson, Dauson Jorgensen, Gauge Astle, Kristen Raker, Will Mondy.

There were three Livestock Evaluation teams and a Ag Management team with 1 member.  “Most of our teams are very young and are still growing in their events and getting the hang of things,” Advisor Dallas Warren explained.

Members include Lexy Lancaster, Danielle Erickson, Caellie Hale, Kristen Raker, Shelby Mondy, Dauson Jorgensen, Dawson Erickson, and Cody Gustafson. The FFA is excited to improve and learn more skills as they approach the end of the year.

WHERE’ THE BEEF? The FFA meats team looks over some prime cuts at a competition. They took 9th in a competitive field.