Fiddler Brings down the Roof

TRADITIONALIST: Tevye contemplates whether keeping tradition is more important than the happiness of his daughters.

Olivia Muir, Macy Erickson, staff writers

This year’s spring musical was a smashing success, drawing in an auditorium-filling crowd for every performance. Contrary to some beliefs, a musical does not come together over night. Those who participated in the production put in dozens of hours after school and on the weekend to deliver a high quality musical. Ample amounts of time and effort went into the production to ensure an entertaining show. What the audience could not see from the auditorium seats was the relationships and friendships that were formed between the cast, director, and stage crew. Senior Piper Thompson said, “You become really close to the people that you are performing with. Despite the length and strain of practices, the end of the musical is really bitter sweet. I loved my time with the cast and crew and the feeling of performing for a live audience.” The time and effort clearly paid off, as the cast and crew delivered a captivating and emotional performance.

Tara Johnson who dedicated hours to the choreography, music and set, oversaw the entire production. It takes a special person to commit to the daunting task of taking responsible for an entire production, and she tackled the job like a pro. Johnson said, “The show itself was much easier than last year’s, and it was a nice mental break for me. I surprised myself when I picked which show to do, but I knew that I would find the right kids to fill the roles, even if I couldn’t envision a cast in my mind. There were so many great things that lined up perfectly for this show to make it happen.” It seems that she knew what she was doing when she selected the performance, as the cast brought their roles convincingly to life.

The overall quality of the musical astounded audience members who raved about the performance. Yoli Oussanov, who played the role of Golde, commented on the success of the musical, saying, “The closeness of the cast was crazy. There was constant emotion on stage because the main characters did a great job of investing themselves in their role. The supporting cast was so amazing and worked incredibly hard to make the musical a success. I have participated in many musicals, but this one easily claims the title of the best I have ever been in.” Although it will be hard to follow a musical as great as this one, you can bet that Tara Johnson and the students of SVHS will certainly deliver another riveting performance for next year’s musical.

1 Comment

One Response to “Fiddler Brings down the Roof”

1. Josh Brandt on April 9th, 2018 3:18 pm

I didn’t see the play but i think that the actors did good

[Reply]

• Fiddler Brings down the Roof

Showcase

Braves Soccer Scoring

• Fiddler Brings down the Roof

News

Donkey Basketball Asstounds Spectators

• Editorials

The Real Reason We Need Guns

• Fiddler Brings down the Roof

News

Guided Reading Change!

• Fiddler Brings down the Roof

News

Prom 2018 Held at Civic Center

• Fiddler Brings down the Roof

News

SVHS White List Causes Stir

• Showcase

Spring Breakers Visit Exotic Locations

• Fiddler Brings down the Roof

News

Students Headed to NYC Open Jar Institute 2018

• Fiddler Brings down the Roof

News

Brave Cadettes End Season with Review

• Showcase

Lady Braves Kickstart Season

Fiddler Brings down the Roof