Hair Color Causes Stereotyping

Justee Hebdon, staff writer

It’s always interesting to see how we stereotype people by hair color. Making a dramatic change to your hair color will, whether you like it or not, change other people’s perceptions of you. If you know a person who fits the following stereotypes comment below!

Blonde

Blondes are known as party girls. And if you haven’t heard already, they have more fun. While people may consider them fun, happy-go-lucky and social, they are also seen as vain, dumb and promiscuous compared to others with different hair colors.

Brunette

Brunettes have a reputation for being sophisticated, intelligent and mature. Most people see them as mysterious and exotic, but they have also been labelled boring and plain compared to their blonde, red and raven-haired counterparts.

Red

Only 2% of the population are natural redheads, so it’s no wonder that people see them as unique, interesting and of course, fiery.

Black

Mysterious, exotic and reserved are just some traits that we associate with black hair. Dark-haired ladies are also said to be hard workers and good with finances. On the other hand, they are thought to be more untrustworthy, cold and ruthless.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Hair Color Causes Stereotyping”

1. Josh Brandt on March 26th, 2018 10:41 am

Blonde hair is the best

[Reply]

2. Troy Tyler. on March 26th, 2018 3:30 pm

Black hair is the best too.

[Reply]

3. India Romero on April 19th, 2018 3:20 pm

I’m not sure if I’m mysterious…. or boring. I like to party and I am pretty stupid I think ha ha. I’m quite fiery too. I had black hair when I was little. I guess I defy stereotypes ha ha.

[Reply]

Hair Color Causes Stereotyping