Three Standout Musicians Exemplify Talent Pool

It's Not Music, Its Art

illustration of music background in doodle style

vectomart - Fotolia

Olivia Muir, Staff writter

Within the halls of Star Valley High School walks an abundance of talented musicians. Whether singing or playing an instrument, our school has some very gifted students in the art of music. Amongst these talented people are Anna Finn, Cody Cazier, and Janice Hall. These three artists have put in countless hours of their time to become proficient in each of their musical abilities.

Anna Finn has been playing the alto sax for 8 years. “My favorite part about it is the group of people and how you get to have experiences that not everybody else has, by playing an instrument.” Finn’s musical inspiration came from her old band director in Colorado. With her incredible talent, she wishes to continue playing the alto sax in collage. However, she does not desire to make it a career. 

Another stellar musician we have in our school is Cody Cazier. Many may not know this, but Cazier is a multi instrumentalist. He can play the piano, the saxophone,  the trumpet, and the organ. His favorite instrument is the piano. He began playing the piano six years ago. “The piano is a very expressive instrument, and that’s why I like it so much.” When he first started out playing the piano, Cazeir practiced for about an hour every day. After learning the piano, it was an easy task to pick up the organ. Cazier plays the organ for his church’s services on Sunday. Cazier will continue his music career and get a minor in music at collage.

Speaking of talented musicians, they do not only consist of those who can play an instrument. Those who can sing are also included. Janice Hall, a member of the Sinco group in our school, first began to sing in the 6th grade when her parents encouraged her to do so. Hall is a very expressive artist, something apparent when she performs.  To her the best part of music is “the power behind each song. Music can bring a lot of emotions out of people.” Her favorite genre to sing is classical; although, she does not sing it in public. 

The best part about music is how it connects each and everyone of us in some way. Anna Finn, Cody Cazier, and Janice Hall have an incredible knack for the art of music, but many marvoulous musicians walk the halls of our school. We applaud you for your talent.