Super Bowl Fifty-Two One for the Books

Cosmo Morgan, staff writer

The Eagles and Patriots played a unique Super Bowl recently culminating in a 41-33 Philadelphia win and the franchise’s first Lombardi Trophy. Most people watched the game, but for those who did not here are the numbers and names that best tell its story.

5 – 5.5 Million 

Was the average amount it cost to secure a place for a 30 second advertisement during this event.

LeGarrette Blount

Blount was the starting running back for the Patriots in the 2017 season, but joined the Eagles after a budget cut towards his paycheck.  This must have been a exciting year as he has won a ring with the Pats and the Eagles back-to-back. Blount also is one of 7 players who has a touchdown for every post season game he has played in (10).

Touchdown Celebrations to Come

NFL released there own commercial which was based on the New York Giants. Odell Beckman Jr. and Eli Manning made an awesome celebration to use in a game to come. This is one of the best rated commercials of 2018.

1,511 

There was a total of 1,511 offensive yards between two teams. This is the most yards ever in NFL history. That combined with the close score  of 41-33 made this an intense game.

7%

Views of this Super Bowl peaked at 103.4 million which are 7% lower than last years ( 111.3 million). However, do not let these lower views fool you. This year’s Super Bowl was ranked as one of the greatest super bowls of all time.

Weed, Women, and Winless

Winning is something that Malcom Butler is more than used to. Butler has played over 98.7 percent of snaps in the last 3 seasons. He even saved the Patriots in the 50th super bowl with a interception in the final seconds. However, during this game is was decided that he would sit, the reason given being “weed and women.” He denies these accusations. Not only did he lose the Super Bowl, he did not even play one down.

Philly 

After the final whistle brew, Philadelphia went crazy. This was the first Super Bowl ever won in Eagles history, and how did they celebrate? Fans reacted to the win by mobbing the streets and climbing up poles and ripping down street signs. To add, cars were flipped over, a gas station was looted, and someone ate a police horse’s poop. Unsurprisingly, 76 people were arrested that night.

12

Tom Brady and tight-end Rob Gronkowski have hooked up for 12 playoff touchdowns, matching Joe Montana and Jerry Rice’s postseason record.

Comment below the coolest part of this years Super Bowl!