Local College Sports Draw SVHS Fans

Everyone in Star Valley seems to have some interest in a local college sports program. Whether a diehard fan yourself, having family ties, or the school of your choice, the three most popular team local teams are University of Wyoming, Utah State, and BYU.

The Wyoming Cowboys have an overall record of 15-7 and 6-3 in conference play and are ranked #3 in the Mountain West Conference following #1 Nevada and #2 Boise State. Wyoming has a a very strong team which includes Justin James, Hayden Dalton, Louis Adams, and Hunter Maldonado.

The Utah State Aggies have a overall record of 13-11 and 6-5 in Conference play and are ranked 6th overall in the Mountain West. The Aggies have a very young team led by sophomore Sam Merrill, junior Quinn Taylor, and senior Julion Pierre.

The BYU cougars have an overall record 18-7 and 7-5 in the West Coast Conference following #1 ranked St. Marys and #2 Gonzaga. The Cougars are led by sophomores TJ Haws and Ryan Andres.

Do you bleed Brown and Gold, Aggie Blue, or Cougar Blue?

Emily Strasburg: ” Im definitely a die-hard Wyoming fan. I went to a Wyoming basketball game a couple weeks ago with my friends Olivia Muir, Abby Coles, and Lacy Coles. We went to Logan to watch, so we were basically the only Wyoming fans there, so it was really cool when we ended up winning the game! It was a close game , so it was pretty intense the whole time!”

Brandon McDonald: ” I love Utah State and try to go to as many games as I can every year. the last game I went to was in Logan when the Aggies played San Jose State. San Jose State sucked though, so it wasn’t even a game. But its always sweet when Utah State wins games.”

Brennen Harris: ” Im a die hard BYU fan, a lot of people at SVHS don’t like BYU, but I don’t see why? They have a great Athletic Program and Education system. I try to watch all of their games and drive to Provo when I can to watch them.”