Braves and Lady Braves Continue the Season

Olivia Muir, staff writer

What do the Braves and Lady Braves have in common? Both teams have a challenging season ahead of them. The Braves record is currently 2-5 while the Lady Braves have a record of  4-4. Both teams are in  for some intense months leading up to the regional and state tournaments.

The Braves have faced a few challenging teams, but their toughest is yet to come. Head Coach Kabonic said, “I imagine that Evanston will be our toughest team this season.” The Evanston Red Devils, who come into town Friday, the 12th of January, are ranked 2nd in the West in 4A.

Many of the players are working focusing on different skills to up their game and be more of an asset to the team. The Braves have also suffered the lose of Kambel Jenkins, who had been out due to an injury. Jenkins is taking his place on the court for the first time this season against Evanston at home. He said,  “I am super pumped to be coming back.” The Braves are showing great signs of improvement each game and hope to get off the schneid against the Red Devils.

The Lady Braves have had a very promising season so far this year. With very few returning varsity players, the team started almost entirely new this year. The team to beat for the Lady Braves to beat this year would be ” Lyman from the West and Douglas from the west, ” according to Head Coach Moore. Much like the Braves, the Lady Braves are working on many skills to improve their team and their individual skills.

Junior Abby Coles said, ” I have been working on my ball handling skills and driving into the key.”

The Lady Braves strategy , as they continue this season is, according to Coach Moore, ” to improve our offensive end so our scoring can be more consistent, ” The Lady Braves are fighting to keep their winning streak alive.

Both teams are playing exceptionally well this season and still have many more games to go before the regional and state championship. Each team will take their own journey as they make their way through the season to the state championship game. This season has yet to reveal its toughest games for these two teams and has many exciting things in store.