Lady Braves Surge While Braves Look to Turn Things Around

Kambel Jenkins, staff writer

On Saturday, the 6th of January, the Braves took on the Rawlins Outlaws. According to Dahl Erickson, SVI Media, Rawlins has only played here one time in 50 years. Unfortunately, the Braves fell to 2-6 while the competitor Rawlins went to 5-3. However, the loss in the previous game against rival Jackson may have hurt the most. The Lady Braves went into the game with a record of 3-4 against the Lady Outlaws at 4-3 and improved to 4-4 after beating the Rawlins team. It was the gals 4th win in a row.

Brenna Battleson said, “I felt like we had a good chance in beating Rawlins this weekend. We both were not ranked and our team sizes are pretty close to the same. Our win against Jackson gave us a big boost leading into the break and I was excited to play these guys.” She thought the team needed to play together and selflessly in order to get the W.

Taylor Horsley, talking about the Jackson game, said, “It was a fun game, the environment was fun to be in. It being my first varsity game I was a little nervous, but I knew that my team had my back so I wasn’t too scared.”

Horsely did well against Jackson along with Dean Shaw. They combined for a total of 25 points in the last half. With young talent surging and plenty of games left to play, look for the Braves to establish their identity and turn things around as the season continues.