Kaden’s Sports Musings

NBA Superteams Making NBA Interesting

Kaden W. Robinson, Chief Executive Producer

In the modern era, it feels like the NBA is full of these so called “superteams”.

Sure, back in the day two superstars would join forces, but today we have three even four joining up on the same team. With all these superteams running about, the title is up for grabs. The Warriors last year showed that a superteazm is, in fact, effective when they defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Finals. This last offseason stars were traded and others signed to forge their own superteams. Here is how they stack up amongst each other:

1. Golden State Warriors. They are the dominating force in today’s NBA. They chewed through the playoffs and through the Finals en route to their second title in three years. After adding superstar and future Hall of Famer Kevin Durant in the 2016 offseason, LeBron’s Cavaliers looked like children playing against the Warriors. They have four all stars in their starting lineup. Stephen Curry, Clay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and Draymond Green. That is a very respectable lineup; expect them to dominate again this year.
  2. Minnesota Timberwolves. This team was already on the rise behind their two stars, Andrew Wiggins and Karl-AnthonyTowns, and then they acquired superstar Jimmy Butler. It didn’t stop there. They added solid point guard Jeff Teague, and power forward Taj Gibson. Also, they added the ageless wonder Jamal Crawford. Expect this team to be one of the top teams in the competitive western conference.
  3. Oklahoma City Thunder. This team has the 2016-2017 MVP Russel Westbrook at the helm controlling the offense. Viatrade, they acquired superstar Paul George. This team was already set to be a top tier team. Then, most recently, they added 10 time All Star, and 6 time All NBA player, Carmelo Anthony. This team has three pure scorers, and they are ready for glory.
  4. Boston Celtics. They added star Gordon Hayward through free agency. At that point, they looked to reclaim their dominance in the Eastern Conference. Then, the Celtics traded their point guard Isiah Thomas for the wizard Kyrie Irving. They now have Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward, and Al Horford all on the same team. This team is going to push the Cavaliers to the breaking point. Expect to see the Celtics atop the Eastern Conference.
  5. Houston Rockets. James Harden lead this team to the high end of the competitive Western Conference. Then they added superstar and future Hall of Famer Chris Paul. Now they have the best backcourt in the entire NBA. The pure scorer in James Harden, and the pure point guard in Chris Paul. Expect this team to push for the top spot in the West.

Honorable Mentions: Cleveland Cavaliers, San Antonio Spurs. It will be interesting how everything shakes out this season. Needless to say the West is going to be highly competitive and fun to watch. It will be interesting how these superteams stack up with each other after the season gets into the swing of things.