Goodbye Class of 2017!

You left your mark

lampshade studio

Mia Shumway, Staff Writer

The Class of 2017

Every class that passes through SVHS leaves an impression, and the class of 2017 has been no different. Here are ten things you might not know about the incredible class of 2017:

1. The average graduating class size at SVHS has been around 150, but this year’s class is 192.

2. This year’s seniors have earned over $1.8 million in scholarships.

3. 19 DIFFERENT students have been all-state athletes at least once in their high school career.

4. There have been 11 all-state musicians in either choir, band, or orchestra.

5. So far, 8 athletes have signed to compete in their respective sports in college.

6. Members of the senior class have been a part of 12 state championships.

7. SkillsUSA has taken state two years in a row, with several seniors qualifying for Nationals.

8. A record 48 ribbons were earned at State Art Symposium this year with the help of some talented seniors, including Cassidy Post who earned 16 individually.

9. Seniors will be heading to 13 different colleges, from as close as WWCC to as far away as Penn State.

10. The seniors have put in countless hours of service, whether through senior capstone class, National Honors Society, Braves in Action, Eagle Scout projects, or volunteering on their own time to better the community.

As you can see, the class of 2017 is truly extraordinary. They’re involved, intelligent, creative, and ready to take on the next part of their life. Congratulations, Class of 2017!